Charlotte is CreativeCharlotte Is Creative develops programs and initiatives designed to break the Charlotte mold and re-make it with creativity – into a city that draws people in, excites them, and inspires them to invest their financial, social, and creative capital.
Charlotte Is Creative develops programs and initiatives
Designed to break the Charlotte mold and re-make it with creativity.
HELPFUL UNFETTERED GIFTS
Establishing yourself as a working creative or as a small business can be a challenge, particularly for under-resourced and disconnected creatives in Charlotte.
To help creatives advance to success, we give out HUGs - Helpful Unfettered Gifts.
With the support of corporate partners and individual donors we provide:
- $250 & $1000 Micro-Grants
- Access to Work Space
- Access to Tools & Equipment
- Promotion Through our Media Channels
- Training & Introduction to Local Creatives
Community & Employee Engagement
The pandemic has disrupted large group interaction. As in-person events return, online engagements and hybrid events are here to stay.
We are experts with large and small groups, to carefully design a run of the show and a scope of event that excites your attendees BEFORE the event electrifies them DURING the event and keeps them talking long AFTER it’s over. We develop:
- Employee Engagement Programs
- Customized Games & Quiz Shows
- Hands-On Employee/Volunteer events with Artists
- Internal Inspiration & Visioning Sessions
- Public Information & Input Gathering Events
Creative Project Management
If you’re not constantly innovating how you show up in the community you’re standing still and losing the hearts and minds of your audiences.
It’s a necessity and it can be daunting.
Charlotte Is Creative works with companies and nonprofits to develop big, bold ideas to attract attention & surprise, and delight your clients and constituents.
We make this easy for you by:
- Working with you to create internal or external artist installations & programs aligned with your mission
- Assembling & managing teams of local creatives to enhance your team with their skills, perspective, and audience
- Collaborating with you on promotion & communication for the internal or external programs we create
Creative Content Development
Your story matters: HOW you tell it and WHO helps you tell it.
Working with our team and network of local artists - ranging from musicians to visual artists & culinary to cultural artists - we co-create exceptional content for your print, online, and media relations strategy.
- Articles that show your work in an artistic light
- Sponsored content about local creatives that says something powerful about you as a sponsor
- Engaging (often humorous) video content
- Micro-Podcasts created in tandem with prose and social posts
- Engaging local creatives to make original work designed to illuminate your mission
- All work shared on our media network and your PR outlets
We connect and celebrate Charlotte's creative citizens. We empower and support them through our HUG (Helpful Unfettered Gift) micro-grant program and related training. We inform and entertain our city through our official media channel, The Biscuit.
You bring the destination. We’ll bring our crew of wildly inventive people to build an unexpected and inviting vehicle that gets you there while making the journey vibrant and memorable.
Everything we do is in service of fortifying creativity in Charlotte, championing the diverse people making it happen, and strengthening the mutually-enriching relationship between Charlotte’s creative and business communities.