Each month, Charlotte Is Creative awards Queen City creatives with HUG (“Helpful Unfettered Gift”) Micro-grants to help them move their passions and projects along. In December 2020 and January 2021, ten $250 HUGs were awarded with funds provided by individual donors and HUG Sponsors: Google Fiber, T. Reid & Company, NoDa Brewing, Savvy + Co. Real Estate and the Knight Foundation.
Podcasts and Media
- Shauna Morgan – Podcast about great books… and bad books
- Steven Williams – Podcast of Black stories by Black voices
- Jalil Pak – New equipment for the JVY Podcast
- Kianna Vinson – Photography series exploring the stigma of individuals with dreadlocks
Creative Community Engagement
- Ashley Culler – Artists will paint murals for nonprofit Safe Alliance
- Gretchen Brenner – Help Piedmont Music Therapy teach classes to young adults with Autism
- Ronnell McIntyre – Community art classes
- Tempestt Harris – Funds to build a set for a sitcom filmed in Charlotte
- Kasie Patlove – Charlotte Lab School Performing Arts to buy the license and show kit for Shrek Jr.
- Molly Brown – Purchase items for “Murder and Moonbeams,” a neo-noire musical comedy
GIVE A HUG OR GET A HUG
HUG Microgrants are open to both nonprofit and for-profit projects and initiatives at work in the greater Charlotte area. To make a donation in any amount to the HUG program or to apply for a HUG, click here.
Like what we write?
Do you think you have what it takes to write for the Biscuit?Well, let us know!!
"*" indicates required fields