Hey, friend! How’s that HUG going?
Dear HUG friends, Whew! It’s been a busy year! But it’s time to catch up with you, find out what you’ve been doing and let you know about some new opportunities for HUGgees in 2020.
Help Us Tell Your Story
Funding HUGs is only part of how we want to help you. We want to tell your story, too. To do that, we need some information from you. We hope you’ll take a few minutes to update us on what you’ve been up to using the form below.
Here’s how we’re going to use your information:
- We're building a database of HUG Grantees to live on www.CharlotteIsCreative.com. We want to share who you are and what you do with the public. Businesses regularly asked us to recommend Charlotte creatives for project work. This database will be something we share with them.
- We have media partnerships with WBTV, WFAE, The Charlotte Ledger and others. This will help us share your information with them.
- We regularly post updates and stories about HUGgees on our website - like this one!
- When working on content for www.BiscuitCLT.com or community and corporate events, we try to pull in HUG grantees whenever possible.
- In January 2021, we're launching new, free business classes for HUG Grantees
PLEASE NOTE: We will not share your answers on how you used your $250 with the public. That is important for us internally as we continue to develop the HUG program. To that end ...
We Now Have a $1,000 HUG
Thanks to funds given to us by the Knight Foundation, we're able to offer a new $1,000 HUG to past recipients. This would be for new projects. You may receive this only one time and only those who have completed the form below may apply. Read more about the $1,000 HUG here.
Apply Again … or with Another HUGgee
Don’t forget: You can apply for two solo HUGs. So, if you’ve only received one, as long as 12 months have passed, you can apply again with the same project or a new one.
Or, you can team up with another HUGgee on a new project and apply for a $250 “SideHUG.”
If you know of anyone who could use a HUG, please encourage them to apply here.
We’re Getting Together More in 2020
This year, we experimented with special HUG training sessions and free/reduced-cost opportunities with organizations that can help you. We’ve had a number of businesses and individuals step up to offer more in 2020, even for casual meet-ups. So, keep your eye on your inbox for invitations.
Finally, if you haven’t yet signed up for The Biscuit, please do so and share it with others.
Can’t wait to see you in 2020!
Matt Olin & Tim Miner
Charlotte Is Creative