DEADLINE EXTENDED: ARTIST STUDIO AT NINE EIGHTEEN NINE STUDIO GALLERY
- Creatives need dedicated space to create.
- Creatives need community to create.
- Creatives need resources to create.
All three statements above are true. Our experience and our research confirm this. At Charlotte Is Creative, we’re working to address them for as many creatives as we can. And, so is Nine Eighteen Nine Studio Gallery in the VAPA Center. So, we’ve teamed up.
Charlotte Is Creative is proud to be in partnership with Nine-Eighteen-Nine and its founder, Joanne Rogers, to make TWO complimentary studio space available for a four-month mini-residency (May 15-September 15, 2023).
WHAT DO CREATES GET?
During their four-month mini-residency, the creatives selected for this program will receive:
- Access to a small, private studio with a locking door
- Membership in the Palette Table, a “roundtable” type group created to provide increased opportunities, growth and visibility to fine artists of color through mentorship, administrative support and networking
- Keycard access to the VAPA Center
- Access to the incredible community of artists and creatives with studios at Nine Eighteen Nine
- Coverage on Charlotte Is Creative’s media channels
TIMELINE – DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 5/5
- Applications Open: Weds., April 22, 2023
- Applications Close: Friday, May 5, 2023 at Noon.
- Grantees Notified: Thursday, May 11, 2023
- Studio Space Begins: Week of May 15
PLEASE NOTE: Incomplete applications and/or applications received after 12PM on Monday, May 1 will not be eligible for consideration.
Studios may be used by the creatives selected for this program only. Sharing a studio is not permitted.
WHAT IS NOT ELIGIBLE
While we love to support a wide array of creative disciplines through our work at Charlotte Is Creative, the studios at Nine Eighteen Nine are designed primarily for visual artists. For this grant, we will not be accepting applications that seek to use the space for:
- Podcast production/Sound recording
- Performing arts rehearsal
- Community Meetings
- Instruction of Classes
- Retail art sales (onsite/in the studio)
- Shared space with other creatives
About the Partnership
As part of the partnership between Charlotte Is Creative and Nine Eighteen Studio Gallery, the two entities will cover all monthly rental fees for the four-month tenure, membership costs for the Palette Table and access to the VAPA Center.
Selected creatives will sign an agreement for use of the studio with Nine Eighteen Nine and will be responsible for any damage they may cause to their assigned studio, the gallery or the VAPA Center during residency, as well as any move-in/out costs and transportation to/from the studio.
In the application below, applicants will present a clearly-expressed idea of how they intend to use their four-month studio residency. Applications will be evaluated, in part, on the strength of this plan, in addition to their previous body of work and references.
As you complete the application, please be thoughtful and specific on what outcome you hope to achieve and what product, of any, you will produce by the end of your four months.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
APPLICATION: Space Program at Nine Eighteen Nine Studio Gallery
Like what we write?
Do you think you have what it takes to write for the Biscuit?Well, let us know!!
"*" indicates required fields