The City of Charlotte has named all 18 members of the new arts and culture board selected to assist Priya Sircar, the City’s arts and culture officer, develop a comprehensive strategic plan for the arts om Charlotte. The Board will also work with Sircar to allocate approximately $4.4 million in funds from the 2022 fiscal year to support arts, culture, and artists and $12 million respectively in the 2023 and 2024 fiscal years.
Each board member below will serve a three-year term. Tim Miner, co-publisher of The Biscuit is among them. The Board will meet for the first time in December. Cyndee Patterson was appointed Board Chair by Mayor Vi Lyles.
Appointed by Charlotte City Council
- Carla Aaron-Lopez, Independent Artist and Arts Educator
- Aisha Dew, Artist/Arts Administrator and Community Activist
- Tim Miner, Co-Founder, Charlotte is Creative
- Shefalee Patel, Independent Artist and Community Volunteer
- Kevin Patterson, Arts and Community Board Member
- Nick Tosco, Musician and Local Government Attorney, Poyner Spruill LLP
Appointed by Mayor Vi Lyles
- Irisol Gonzales, Fine Artist and Muralist
- Lex Kimbrough, Filmmaker, Brave Boy Media
- Corey Mitchell, Arts Educator and Founder/Artistic Director, Theatre Gap Initiative
Appointed by Foundation For The Carolinas
- Cyndee Patterson, President, Lee Institute/The Duke Mansion
- Sandra Fernandes, Global Returnship Program Director, Glide – Relaunch, Wells Fargo
- Su Ping Lu, General Counsel – Securities, Governance and Corporate Finance, Honeywell
- Anna Spangler Nelson, Chair, Spangler Companies, Inc.
- Grace Nystrum, SVP – Strategic Marketing Executive, Global Banking and Markets, Bank of America
- Marisa Thalberg, EVP, Chief Brand and Marketing Officer, Lowe’s
- Charles Thomas, Program Director – Charlotte, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- April Whitlock, Head of Corporate Citizenship, LendingTree; Executive Director, LendingTree Foundation
Appointed by the Arts & Science Council
- Philip Thomas, Civic Leader
Like what we write?
Do you think you have what it takes to write for the Biscuit?Well, let us know!!