CREATIVE RESOURCES: Apparo
To be successful in Charlotte’s creative community, you need great partners and resources. We’re committed to introducing you to people, organizations, venues and collaborators who can assist your creative work. This week, we’re highlighting Apparo.
MISSION & VISION:
To transform the community and improve lives by connecting local nonprofits to technology expertise and resources that amplify their impact.
WHAT APPARO DOES:
Due to the behind-the-scenes nature of their work, you may not have seen Apparo at work in Charlotte. But, they’ve been busy. Very busy. In the 19 years Apparo has been in Charlotte, they’ve assisted more than 650 local nonprofits, providing tech-based consultation, training and project solutions. Here are just a few highlights:
- Apparo’s Tech Therapy services help organizations with up to eight hours of time (per issue) to identify organizational challenges, potential solutions to those challenges and vendors who can help.
- Apparo offers “TechShops,” trainings on specific technologies and skill sets and “Nonprofit Bytes + Insights,” free webinars aimed at practical skills to improve a nonprofit’s everyday work, ranging from social media strategies to migrating to cloud-based technology.
- Apparo offers two grants focused on supporting technological innovation and transformation:
- Mission Possible – $10,000 cash grant + $50,000 in pro bono consulting support from Accenture
- G.A.I.N. – a cohort-based program for nonprofits to chart their technology journey
A WORD FROM APPARO
“Creatives improve daily life in Charlotte, and at Apparo we recognize and appreciate them,” said Bleema Bershad, Apparo’s director of marketing. “We help nonprofits do even more to improve life by supporting them to overcome technology and business process problems in order to bolster their reach and impact. Our services are free or well below market cost.”
“If your creative organization is a nonprofit and you know you could be doing more, please reach out for help.”
HOW TO HELP APPARO
“If you have a strong creative skill set and are willing to share it, please consider volunteering to support a local nonprofit through Apparo,” said Berhsad. ”We can match you to a nonprofit in need of your creative brain, whether you just have one free hour or many. Potential volunteers (graphic designers, social media wizzes, website gurus and seasoned project managers) should reach out to email@example.com.”
To make a donation to Apparo, click here.
Like what we write?
Do you think you have what it takes to write for the Biscuit?Well, let us know!!