Get Into a SHOUTing Match with Us!
How would you like to have a SHOUTing Match with another Charlotte creative?
How does it work? Well, here you go …
The idea is simple, but left open to your interpretation. You select a fellow creative from a different discipline or media and make a creative video together we can share on our channels and those of Charlotte SHOUT! and Center City Partners. These can be ZOOM recordings or more composed pieces.
Here are examples, but you ARE NOT limited to this:
1) A visual artist who teams with a musician to create a video
2) A ballet dancer and a DJ
3) An animator adds color to a poet’s vision
4) A Chef and a Spoken Word artist both feed the imagination
5) A painter creates a work and a mixologist captures the spirit in a recipe
6) A classical musician teamed with a Hip Hop artist
7) (Similar to 3) Hand-letterer works with an author
This is open to a very wide array of creatives: visual artists, musicians, dancers, actors, writers, coders, textile artists, ceramic artists, costume designers, videographers, etc.
If you are interested, we suggest you reach out to someone you already know — someone with home you have a rapport. But, strongest consideration will go to creatives who are mixing dissimilar artistic approaches.
For those selected to participate, we’re able to pay both artists involved a $100 honorarium for your performance via PayPal (preferred) or Venmo.
How to be Considered
Click the button below and tell us …
1) The artist with whom you would partner
2) A 25-35-word description of what you would do together and how you would present it on video (ZOOM videos, iPhone videos, etc. are acceptable as long as they will be a) Shot using a tripod or stabilizer b) well-lit c) good resolution (not pixelated) d) of good audio quality)
It is important to note that some SHOUTing matches will be shown on Center City Partners new weekly internet show, CLT After Dark.
We will review your ideas and inform you of your status within 72 hours. Once selected, we will determine a deadline, but most projects will need to be completed in 7 days.
If you’re selected, here’s what we’ll then be asking from you:
– A video of your ”SHOUTing Match” performance that’s 3-8 minutes in length (you can send by Dropbox, ZIP or similar hosting/compression tool)
– Your PayPal email, plus whatever cash app link you’d prefer people to tip you through
– A list of your social handles and links (especially to more of your work)
– A photo we can use for as-needed promotion
– 25-35 written words of encouragement for Charlotte-area creatives in isolation
Depending on how many of you raise your hand, we may not be able to feature everyone, but our first step is to communicate this opportunity to you and gauge interest.
Like what we write?
Do you think you have what it takes to write for the Biscuit?Well, let us know!!
"*" indicates required fields