June 26, 2023
GET THE ANSWERS YOU NEED FOR YOUR CREATIVE BUSINESS!
- Am I getting screwed in this contract?
- How do I ensure fair payment for my work?
- How do I protect my intellectual property?
- How do I incorporate my business? Should I be a nonprofit?
- What should I look for in a lease agreement?
- What insurance do I need to protect myself?
- Am I paying too much in taxes… or not enough?
These are the kinds of questions that MAKE or BREAK creative businesses and freelance artists. But, they often don’t know where to get answers. We’re on it.
We’re excited to invite you to our inaugural Creative Business Power Panel on Monday, June 26, 2023. It is designed to address some of the most common legal, financial, insurance, and real estate questions in the creative community.
Creative Business Power Panel
Monday, June 26 (6-9 pm)
Wray Ward – 2317 Thrift Rd, Charlotte, NC 28208
GET TICKETS HERE.
The three-hour event gives you the chance to ask local subject-matter experts (attorneys, financial professionals and insurance and commercial real estate brokers) these questions yourself through intimate breakout sessions with:
- Rob Bacharach – Financial Planner, RB Wealth Partners
- Karen Schuller Boardman – Trademarks & Copyrights, Partner at Alignment Legal
- Jaime Boast – Executive Vice President Brokerage, Tenant Representation at JLL
- Terri Brown – Finance Director, The Enola Group
- Hannah Cole – Tax Pro/Artist, Founder of Sunlight Tax
- Shonna Splain – Commercial Insurance Specialist, Founder of Star Insurance Group
If you’re a full or part-time artist or a creative entrepreneur, this will be the best $10 you invest in yourself all year. Get your tickets. Tell friends. Let’s take your business to the next level.
This project is supported by Mecklenburg County with funds from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), North Carolina Arts Council, Charlotte Art League, Aspire Community Capital and Wray Ward.
Like what we write?
Do you think you have what it takes to write for the Biscuit?Well, let us know!!
"*" indicates required fields