MEET 16 CHARLOTTE ARTISTS YOU CAN WORK WITH RIGHT NOW!
“Hey! Can you recommend someone creative who can help me with [FILL-IN-THE-BLANK]?”
At Charlotte Is Creative (publisher of The Biscuit), we’re asked some version of the question above about ten to fifteen times a week. And, the answer we give is always … “YES!”
The only thing we enjoy more than being engaged to manage projects that allow us to hire creatives for an event, initiative or community project is to recommend them to someone else and vouch for their professionalism. It’s one thing to pass along contact information. It’s another to be able to say, “We have worked with [NAME OF AN AWESOME CREATIVE], and they’ll do an awesome job for you. They have for us.”
Since 2015, we’ve been able to put hundreds of artists to work. In 2023 alone, our goal is to secure work (whether we’re in project managers or not) to more than 150 local creatives. And, to give you a sense of what that looks like, below are 16 local creatives we hired in just the last 30 (or so) days. Each of them exceeded our expectations, met our deadlines and were professional throughout the project described in their profile.
P.S. We’re always on the hunt for new creatives of all disciplines. And, we’re always being asked. If you’re a creative who wants to be considered for a future gig, click here. We can’t guarantee you a job, but we’ll be on the lookout.
16 CREATIVES WE’VE HIRED SINCE MID-MARCH
What did Jesse do for us?
Jesse was one of six CMS art teachers we hired to paint a giant letter for the annual Charlotte SHOUT! festival. See all the letters here.
What can Jesse do for you?
- Home, family and pet portraits
- Art camps and lessons for kids
What did Harvey do for us?
Harvey is our monthly DJ at CreativeMornings/Charlotte. Not many DJs can start a party 8:15 a.m. But, he can.
What can Harvey do for you?
- Live Performances for events and parties
- Live soundtracks
- Live bands
- DJ services
- Talent Booking
- Music production
- Composition services for film and TV
- Music licensing and publishing
What did DeNeer do for us?
We commissioned DeNeer to paint the giant Charlotte crown that was placed in The Green on South Tryon St. during the annual Charlotte SHOUT! festival. See it here and in the GIF above.
What can DeNeer do for you?
- Mural painting
- Shoe design/painting
- Art instruction
- Speaking/community engagement
GRAPHIC AND BRAND DESIGNER
What did Tim do for us?
We hired Tim to do splatter art (he takes a slow-motion photo of everyone who throws paint) at the SouthPark After 5 event on April 27. It was rescheduled to later on May 25, but Tim had everything ready to go before the event was rained out.
What can Tim do for you?
- Community Engagement
- Splatter Painting events
What did Kevin do for us?
We hired Keven to shoot event photography/videography for our event, The Drop, at Divine Barrel Brewing on March 23. See a selection of Keven’s photos here.
What can Kevin do for you?
What did Ashley do for us?
Ashley was one of six CMS art teachers we hired to paint a giant letter for the annual Charlotte SHOUT! Festival. She also repaired a broken piece of family pottery for our co-founder, Tim Miner. See all the letters here.
What can Ashley do for you?
- Interior and Exterior Murals
- Custom Paintings
VISUAL ART/ART THERAPY
What did Chalice do for us?
Chalice was one of four artists we hired for a two-hour art battle we organized for SouthPark Community Partners for their inaugural SouthPark After 5 event in Symphony Park on April 20. See shots of this event.
What can Chalice do for you?
- Abstract painting classes for teens and adults
- Design/execute art therapy-themed curriculums
- Commissioned work in an abstract, contemporary or modern style
- Custom portraits in various styles
What did Mark do for us?
Mark created a piece of custom collage work as a gift for a local arts supporter. (He did it in three days!)
What can Mark do for you?
- Analog collages made of paper, cardboard, found materials
- Collages sized 3″x5″ to 24″ x 36″ or larger
GRAPHIC AND BRAND DESIGNER
What did Ernesto do for us?
We hired Ernesto to take pictures during last month’s CreativeMornings/Charlotte, the free breakfast lecture series/meet-up we sponsor the first week of every month. See a few of his photos from that morning here.
What can Ernesto do for you?
- Creative/portrait photography
- Event photography
- Corporate photography/videography
GRAPHIC AND BRAND DESIGNER
What did Corine do for us?
We hired Corine to take professional headshots of the recently graduated, spring 2023 Creative Entrepeneurs Initiative (CEI) class and the Charlotte Is Creative team.
What can Corine do for you?
- Creative Portrait Photography
- Personal Branding Photography
- Event Photography
- Editorial Photography
- Photography Mentorship
What did Viloki do for us?
Viloki was one of six CMS art teachers we hired to paint a giant letter for the annual Charlotte SHOUT! festival. See all the letters here.
What can Viloki do for you?
- Set design and reative input
- Displays and layouts
- 3 dimensional art
- Multimedia projects
What did Lucy do for us?
We commissioned Lucy to paint a new work on the Charlotte Museum of History’s Path of Portraits, a program to create original works of art to honor prominent (and often under-appreciated) Charlotteans. Arthur Rogers, Jr. painted another in February. See Lucy’s portrait of John Lawson here.
What can Lucy do for you?
- Custom portraits
- Digital illustrations
- Live Painting Events
GRAPHIC AND BRAND DESIGNER
What did Joseph do for us?
On just 24 hours’ notice, Quisol played an original song at the March 31 gathering of CreativeMornings/Charlotte.
What can Joseph do for you?
- Logo and branding designs
- Audio branding
What did Courtney do for us?
Riley was one of six CMS art teachers we hired to paint a giant letter for the annual Charlotte SHOUT! festival. See all the letters here.
What can Courtney do for you?
- Art education experiences for children
- Recycled/mixed media art
- Scenery for theater
- Small murals
What did Tina do for us?
Tina was one of six CMS art teachers we hired to paint a giant letter for the annual Charlotte SHOUT! festival. See all the letters here.
What can Tina do for you?
WHAT DID BRYAN DO FOR US?
Bryan was one of six CMS art teachers we hired to paint a giant letter for the annual Charlotte SHOUT! festival. See all the letters here.
WHAT CAN BRYAN DO FOR YOU?
- Graphic Design
- Fine Art Painting Commissions
Here are some quick hit news items we think you should know about for this weekend and next week:
1) Charlotte Is Creative has opened a 7-month contract for paid technical assistance. We are looking for a freelance database development project manager to assist us with the development our new online resource guides for creatives. MORE INFO.
2) We are extending the application deadline for the two four-month, free studio spaces on which we’ve partnered with Nine Eighteen Nine Studio Galleries. The new deadline is May 5. This program is best suited for visual artists. MORE INFO.
3) This Sunday from 4 to 7 p.m. is the final chance to see Jen Hill’s Hot Mess art show at Flux Galleries. MORE INFO.
4) And, speaking of Jen Hill, she will be featured from noon to 11 p.m. at Saturday’s AstroPop Music and Arts Festival featuring five live muralists, 12 musical acts, a full art gallery made up of 24 artists, local vendors, and food trucks — curated by Brett Toukattly at Wooden Robot’s The Chamber. MORE INFO.
5) Also on Saturday, head to Matthews from Noon to 6 p.m. for the Festival of India celebration in Stumptown Park with food, an art gallery, henna, kids activities, music, dancing and more. MORE INFO.
6) The UNBOUND installation curated by Meredith Connelly at Charlotte Art League has been extended to May 4. There will also be an artist discussion on that date. If you haven’t seen this collection of work from 45+ survivors of domestic and sexual violence, this is your chance. MORE INFO.
|The Biscuit is proudly sponsored by:|