Charlotte master mixologist, Bob Peters, show us how to make a delicious Quarantine Cocktail — the Stay Safe Strawberry. This drink uses rye whiskey, homemade strawberry syrup, soda water and fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
Tip Your Bartender
If this recipe hits the spot for you, tip Bob Peters on Venmo at @Bob-Peters-11
Stay Safe Strawberry
- 2 oz. of Rye Whiskey from Award-Winning Doc Porter’s Distillery (Charlotte, NC)
- 1 oz. of homemade strawberry syrup (recipe below)
- 0.5 oz. of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Top with soda water
- Combine all ingredients, except for soda water, in shaker tin with ice.
- Shake, then double strain into collins glass.
- Top with soda water.
Recipe for Homemade Strawberry Syrup
- Makes approximately 1.5 quarts of syrup.
- Cut the tops off of one quart of fresh strawberries.
- Quarter the strawberries and put in medium pot.
- Add one quart of cool water.
- Bring to a boil with medium heat, then reduce to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add a half quart of sugar.
- Stir gently until dissolved.
- Strain (DO NOT PRESS) Into storage container and let cool.
- Store in refrigerator. It will keep for 2-3 weeks.
Strawberry syrup makes amazing non- alcoholic drinks. Try homemade strawberry lemonade! Or, drizzle it over brownies, fresh cut strawberries, and ice cream for a summer strawberry treat!
The “Twist & SHOUT!” series is sponsored by Charlotte Center City Partners and Charlotte SHOUT! We encourage you to drink responsibly.
Like what we write?
Do you think you have what it takes to write for the Biscuit?Well, let us know!!
"*" indicates required fields