Home » Videos »
Twist & SHOUT! Stay Safe Strawberry by Bob Petersby Bob Peters on May 16, 2020
Charlotte master mixologist, Bob Peters, show us how to make a delicious Quarantine Cocktail — the Stay Safe Strawberry. This drink uses rye whiskey, homemade strawberry syrup, soda water and fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
Tip Your Bartender
If this recipe hits the spot for you, tip Bob Peters on Venmo at @Bob-Peters-11
Stay Safe Strawberry
- 2 oz. of Rye Whiskey from Award-Winning Doc Porter’s Distillery (Charlotte, NC)
- 1 oz. of homemade strawberry syrup (recipe below)
- 0.5 oz. of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Top with soda water
- Combine all ingredients, except for soda water, in shaker tin with ice.
- Shake, then double strain into collins glass.
- Top with soda water.
Recipe for Homemade Strawberry Syrup
- Makes approximately 1.5 quarts of syrup.
- Cut the tops off of one quart of fresh strawberries.
- Quarter the strawberries and put in medium pot.
- Add one quart of cool water.
- Bring to a boil with medium heat, then reduce to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add a half quart of sugar.
- Stir gently until dissolved.
- Strain (DO NOT PRESS) Into storage container and let cool.
- Store in refrigerator. It will keep for 2-3 weeks.
Strawberry syrup makes amazing non- alcoholic drinks. Try homemade strawberry lemonade! Or, drizzle it over brownies, fresh cut strawberries, and ice cream for a summer strawberry treat!
The “Twist & SHOUT!” series is sponsored by Charlotte Center City Partners and Charlotte SHOUT! We encourage you to drink responsibly.